Sunday, April 18, 2010

Aaron sent pictures! He wrote on the backs so I just copied what he wrote. Start clockwise at top L corner. 1) MTC Temple trip to Accra. The temple grounds are probably the most well kept and beautiful grounds in all of Ghana. 2)Recent convert, Abina, and I. 3)Pres. and Sister Sabey and I receiving my gift at the Christmas Zone Conf. 4)Ghana MTC 5)Kumasi Zoo. Haha, I didn't notice the two "zoo animals" at the bottom until afterwards 'cause there's so many bums in that area it is normal. That's Africa for you. 6)Bro. Odame.This guy makes soap for a living and he is one hard workin' dude.
Top L-1) Dontown Kumasi (Kajetta). Just imagine horns honking, people shouting and some Bob Marley music playing over the speakers. Welcome to Ghana. 2)I went to jump in bed one night, pulled the topsheet off my bed and out jumped this guy. He wanted to sleep with me!! No Joke. That is a regular writing pen next to him-he's big huh? 3)My main man, Mark, on his baptism day. This is by far my best friend in Ghana. 5)This cat came into the wrong backyard. We skinned him, gutted him, cooked him and ate him. Cat tastes good. 6)Elder Neupalau, a true Tongan, and I on the mountain. 7)Shanty town market. A crowded, fight, confusing maze of market places. Once you go in there, you might not come out-haha. You can buy everything from freshly slaughtered goat, to clothes, to car parts in there.



Top L(cloclwise)-1)Elder Blazzard, my Trainer, and I. Bunnies taste good. 2)My first time pounding FuFu. It's harder than it looks. (Notice the African Elder is already done).
3)This is the family that provided the FuFu for us. 4)A recent convert named cheif and his sister. 5)The great big feast. We cut their throats, gutted them, screwered them, and ate 'em.Around here we eat the head, eyes, tongue, ears, everything.
6) Lush plants and some flood water after the rain.

2 comments:

Shannon said...

It is so neat to be able to see pictures! He looks really good and is continuing to amaze me. Thanks for the awesome post Mom!!

Kelly said...

Love the post! So good to see some pictues! Chad and I both really enjoyed looking at them! See u guys this weekend!